Sonntag, 15. November 2009

"I want your life"


Wow, I am amazed by this country. We are in Auburn, Alabama for a couple of hours now and already bumped into a poetry reading in a very special book shop. After an interview with Professor Richard Guthrie, Dean of the College of Agriculture in Auburn we explored this sweet little town and ended up here in Gay Street with great coffee and interesting people: writer Mary Carol Moran, poetry writer Shaunteka LaTrese Curry, musicians Kristen Hines and Tommy Kratzert. and not to forget Anna Ruth who served us great coffee and offered us to stay at her place tonight. I just realized how lucky we are - even more when Jill Clair, who studies in Auburn said: "I want your live." But like Shaunteka just read in her poem: "You can do it!" I am glad we did it!

3 Kommentare:

  1. I think what you guys are doing is awesome! Thanks for coming to Auburn. It's not a very common town that foreigners visit, but I hope you have enjoyed it. I hope that you find lots of adventure and excitement as your journey continues, and I hope you come to understand what "real America" is all about.

    Trey

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. It was such fun hosting you guys! I'm so glad that you were pointed in the direction of The Gnu's Room. It's been a fantastic weekend--best of luck on your travels and I can't wait to read the book!

    Anna Ruth

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It was a pleasure meeting you ladies. I am glad I had that opportunity. I wish you much success and I think it's awesome that you made Auburn one of your stops. Very Cool! Continued Peace and Blessings Until Next time!

    AntwortenLöschen